Navigating the Legal Landmines & EEOC in Corporate Wellness
This presentation will provide an overview of the legal rules applicable to employer-sponsored wellness programs, including tax rules, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA and the ADA. We will also highlight proposed/final EEOC wellness program rules and compliance initiatives. We will endeavor to secure a panelist representative from the EEOC.
This session will cover:
- Understanding of Key Legal Concepts in Design and Implementation
- Tax Rules: Overview of Taxation of Wellness Program Incentives
- HIPAA Privacy Concerns with Biometric and HRA Data
- ADA Compliance: Overview of final/proposed EEOC rules
- ACA Compliance: Overview of final ACA rules
The Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® is a certification of expertise offered by the Corporate Health & Wellness Association (CHWA). The certification requires 10 Modules of training/classes and can be completed either in-person at a CHWA event or online.
In order to maintain certification after the required training, Certified Corporate Wellness Specialists® must complete five hours per year of continuing education credits to stay up-to-date with industry best-practices and standards.
Becoming a Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® provides you with a competitive edge in the industry by demonstrating to employers and colleagues that you:
- Possess the training and knowledge to successfully implement and manage a wellness program
- Understand best practices in wellness programs
- Comprehend the different types of wellness programs and learn how to tailor one to meet the needs of your specific corporate culture
- Demonstrate that you are up to date with current best practices on an ongoing basis through continuing education credits required for re-certification
- Possess the qualifications and abilities for job promotion and career enhancement
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes
- Corporate Wellness 101
- Developing a Corporate Wellness Culture – Everything You Need to Know in Five Words
- Communicate Well; It’s Not Just What You Say, But How You Say It!
- What I Got Right From Failing at Corporate Wellness
- Making Dollars & Sense Out of Wellness Incentives ~ A Candid Industry Discussion
- What is Technology’s Role in Boosting Employee Engagement in Well-Being?
- Navigating the Legal Landmines & EEOC in Corporate Wellness
- When Life Gets in the Way of Well-Being: EAP & Work-Life Management as a Prerequisite to Health
- Engaging the Generations ~ What makes us Tick? A look at Millennials and More!