Developing a Corporate Wellness Culture – Everything You Need to Know in Five Words
While successful wellness initiatives in the workplace are implemented to reduce healthcare costs, increase productivity, and much more, they can also, unfortunately, drain a company’s resources. Wellness programs not only must be more than a quick transformation but one in which it transforms a culture from stepping out of bad habits and into good habits. This will allow a workplace to become positively affected by the health and well-being of its employees – thus having an influence on the overall culture of the entire workplace.
In this session, you will learn:
- How leading employers create, implement and maintain a culture of wellness within their organization(s)
- The challenges of creating a culture of wellness and how to overcome them within your organization(s)
- How to understand your population in order to craft a successful workplace philosophy
- They key points – each of the words begin with the letters in the word culture:
- Create a culture of health
- Understand your population
- Leverage community links
- Test effective wellness activities
- Use information and measurement
- Reshape the internal work environment to foster wellness
- Engage employees and their families
The Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® is a certification of expertise offered by the Corporate Health & Wellness Association (CHWA). The certification requires 11 Modules of training/classes and can be completed either in-person at a CHWA event or online.
In order to maintain certification after the required training, Certified Corporate Wellness Specialists® must complete five hours per year of continuing education credits to stay up-to-date with industry best-practices and standards.
Becoming a Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® provides you with a competitive edge in the industry by demonstrating to employers and colleagues that you:
- Possess the training and knowledge to successfully implement and manage a wellness program
- Understand best practices in wellness programs
- Comprehend the different types of wellness programs and learn how to tailor one to meet the needs of your specific corporate culture
- Demonstrate that you are up to date with current best practices on an ongoing basis through continuing education credits required for re-certification
- Possess the qualifications and abilities for job promotion and career enhancement
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes
- Corporate Wellness 101
- Developing a Corporate Wellness Culture – Everything You Need to Know in Five Words
- Communicate Well; It’s Not Just What You Say, But How You Say It!
- What I Got Right From Failing at Corporate Wellness
- Making Dollars & Sense Out of Wellness Incentives ~ A Candid Industry Discussion
- What is Technology’s Role in Boosting Employee Engagement in Well-Being?
- Navigating the Legal Landmines & EEOC in Corporate Wellness
- When Life Gets in the Way of Well-Being: EAP & Work-Life Management as a Prerequisite to Health
- Engaging the Generations ~ What makes us Tick? A look at Millennials and More!