Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® is a certification of expertise offered by the Corporate Health & Wellness Association (CHWA).
In order to maintain certification after the required training, Certified Corporate Wellness Specialists® must complete five hours per year of continuing education credits to stay up-to-date with industry best-practices and standards.
The CCWS course is split into over 60 modular units. This number continues to grow as new practices are defined and incorporated by our clients and partners. By undertaking the course you ally yourself with our parent organization, the Corporate Health & Wellness Association, and become a part of a much larger professional network.
Becoming a Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® sends a clear message to the business community, prospective clients, colleagues, and potential candidates for employment.
A Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist knows:
- How to successfully implement and manage a wellness program
- The best practices in wellness programs
- How to tailor a wellness program to meet the needs of a specific corporate culture
- The latest rules and regulations issued by the Department of Labor
- How to restructure company policy to remain compliant of guidelines issued by the EEOC, HIPAA, ACA and ADA
- How to drive an organization’s health care costs down by providing the tools, education, and motivation to make employees live healthier and more productive lifestyles
- HR/Benefits Directors or Wellness Managers
- Agents, Brokers, and Consultants
- Insurance/Healthcare Industry Professionals
By requiring or covering the cost of certification for your HR team, you ensure your organization has the most up-to-date wellness policies and best practices currently available. Certified wellness staff are vital to maintaining a competitive edge in contemporary business; lowering healthcare costs while boosting productivity through direct employee engagement
CCWS participants remain compliant by taking two advanced and three intermediate courses per year, and paying the necessary fees for continued education.
Continued education provides:
- Up-to-date education from leading industry names, such as Google, Walmart and LinkedIn
- Real-time changes in employment laws, to remain legally compliant
- The latest emerging trends in delivering tailored engagement and wellness programs
CCWS participants who have not lapsed in their required education and fees, receive the benefit of being searchable by employers looking for the best in the wellness field, as well as discounts to our annual events.
Members can utilize the CCWS seal and branding tools while they remain complaint. (Members who lapse in compliance must remove seals and other associated materials from all print and online media, until they become compliant again.)
Special customized packages are available for groups interested in participating in our certification programs. Group packages provide special discounts and extra benefits for parties of 12 or more.